FREE Bodybuilding Program
Build Muscle, Lose Fat
And Get Super Strong!
Enter your first name and a valid email address
for free instant access to this awesome workout program.
Mohamed Makkawy Tribute Page
Mohamed Makkawy Picture
Mohamed was born on August the 29th 1953 in Egypt and has been a successful bodybuilder who owned the stage between 1982 and 1983 in any IFBB competition. At only 5ft 6in and competing at a weight of 190 lbs he is packed with muscle, which is perfectly shaped into a balance and proportion that we don’t see these days.
Mohamed was trained by Vince Geronda when he was alive and we can see the influence that Vince had on him by the way that he sculptured his body to perfection. Mohamed has been a runner up in the Mr.Olympia professional championships and has won 1983 IFBB World Pro competition and many other professional competitions.
Mohamed works as a personal trainer and offers a daily workout and dietary guidance online to paying clients. He is still single and has never married but continues to be completely dedicated to health and fitness and often is used in promotions that Joe and Ben Weider continue to endorse.
Mohamed Makkawy Workout
His training when competing is different to the daily training that he currently does as he does not compete anymore and has not competed for a long time as he is now 60 years old but still very healthy and fit. But when he was training he used volume training as you will see in his sets and reps listed in his training below.
Mohamed Makkawy's Olympia Routine:
* Flat bench press (to neck): 5 x 8
* 20° Bench press (to neck): 5 x 8
* Incline bench press 40°: 5 x 8
* Bent arm pullover: 5 x 8
* Wide grip "Gironda" dips: 5 x 8
* Straight arm pullover: 5 x 10
* High bench rowing: 5 x 8
* Pullups to waist: 5 x 8
* Wide grip chins behind neck: 5 x 8
* Wide grip pulldowns to chest: 5 x 8
* Hack squat: 5 x 8
* Seated pulley leg squeeze: 5 x 10
* Thigh curl: 5 x 10
* Thigh extension: 5 x 8
* Roman chair: 5 x 10
* Flat thigh extensions: 5 x 8
* Seated calf raise: 5 x 15
* Standing calf raise: 5 x 15
* Lying leg raise: 5 x 15 to 25
* Hanging leg raise: 5 x 15 to 25
* Hanging knee–in: 5 x 15 to 25
* Bent knee situps: 5 x 15 to 25
* Twisting situps: 5 x 15 to 25
* Cross ankle crunches: 5 x 15 to 25
* Wide grip rows: 5 x 8
* 45° lateral raise: 5 x 8
* Kneeling cable raise: 5 x 8
* Bent over cable raise: 5 x 8
* Lateral raise: 5 x 8
* Cable lateral raise: 5 x 8
* Incline dumbbell curl: 5 x 8
* EZ Bar curls: 5 x 8
* Cable short range seated curls: 5 x 10
* Parallel bar dips: 5 x 8
* Bent over triceps kickbacks: 5 x 8
* Triceps rope pulls: 5 x 8
Note: For information on volume training for natural bodybuilders checkout Muscle Express Training.
Disclaimer: This website is an educational service that provides general health information. The materials are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. The website's content is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis. None of the suggestions (including exercise, diet, products or services) mentioned should be performed or otherwise used without clearance from your physician or health care provider. The information contained within is not intended to provide specific health advice, or any other advice whatsoever, for any individual or company and should not be relied upon in that regard. We are not medical professionals and nothing on this website should be misconstrued to mean otherwise.